Name, age: David, 13. Background: David is a bright teen with a great sense of humor. This active and engaging young man is always first...
Name, age: David, 13.
Background: David is a bright teen with a great sense of humor. This active and engaging young man is always first to volunteer to help out. David is athletic (he especially enjoys football), handy with tools and has a good singing voice (expressed in his school choir). His love of music includes rap, R&B, country and alternative.
David is doing well academically in the eighth grade. His favorite subjects are English and science; he benefits from extra support in math. After he graduates, David would like to become a professional football player, a teacher or own a Vietnamese restaurant.
David attends counseling and responds well to structure and clear rules. He needs attentive parental supervision to keep him on track.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- New hiking trail app designed to help avoid crowded trails
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
Needed: Single dad or two-parent home. A family involved in the Vietnamese community would be a plus. Older siblings or a large extended family would be beneficial. “David has a lot of potential and needs a family now to give him a direction,” his caseworker notes.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.