Oct. 16-22 Classes/workshops Celebrity chef TODAY Waffles, bacon and eggs with lively piano play by Madeline Harvey. noon, University District Senior...
TODAY Waffles, bacon and eggs with lively piano play by Madeline Harvey. noon, University District Senior Center, 5225 15th Ave., Seattle; $4 (206-524-0473).
Most Read Life Stories
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
AARP driver safety program
TUE-WED or SAT-SUN Two-day class for drivers 50 and over, registration required. noon, Kent Regional Library, 212 Second Ave. N., Kent; (253-859-3330).
Virus and computer maintenance
WED Learn how to install and uninstall software, save, delete, defrag, clean, update and more, registration required. 12:30-3:30 p.m., Wesley Gardens, 815 S. 216th St., Des Moines; $28 (206-878-1642).
WED Seminar presented by Teepa Snow on dementia caregiving, registration required. 12:30-4:30 p.m. or 6-10 p.m., Martha Lake Community Center, 16300 Motor Place, Lynnwood; $45 (425-712-1999 or www.careforce.com).
WED Get information about computer-training classes, the 24/7 job line and Title V Senior Community Service Employment Programs. 10:30 a.m.-noon, Central Building, 810 Third Ave. (Suite 150), Seattle; free (206-684-0500 or www.seattle.gov/humanservices/ mosc/age55).
Dealing with downsizing
THU Discussion on how to tackle downsizing. 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Pancake Haus, 530 Fifth Ave., Edmonds; free (877-804-8800 or www.eldersonthemove.com).
THU Attorney Helen Wilson provides advice and referrals regarding legal concerns, registration required. 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Wallingford Community Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle; free (206-461-7825 or www.wallingfordseniors.org).
Moving to a simple life
THU Eldermove Alliance presentation on issues involved with downsizing and/or moving. 10a.m.-noon, WSU Extension (Evergreen Room), 600 128th St. S.E., Everett; free (425-357-6002).
Leaving your legacy
SAT Seminar on preserving and sharing your family history. 8:15a.m.-4:30p.m., Sand Point Education Center, 6208 60th Ave. N.E., Seattle; $35-$40 (206-522-8658 or www.rootsweb.com/~waseags).
Submit Senior Calendar listings three weeks in advance to: seniorcalendar @seattletimes.com or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111