A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
Ongoing Information for seniors and the disabled on property-tax exemptions, free(360-570-6048 or http://dor.wa.gov/Docs/Pubs/ Prop_Tax/SeniorExempt.pdf).
Most Read Life Stories
- 8 new do’s — and 1 don’t — for post-pandemic restaurant etiquette
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
TUE-WED Community Health Plan is conducting three seminars for seniors in Seattle, Auburn and Renton that include information on the zero-premium plan and the low-income-subsidy program, preregistration required. 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., free (800-944-1247).
TODAY, WED Van-trip tour of North King and South Snohomish counties to see holiday yards and houses; preregistration required. 6:15-9 p.m., Northshore Senior Center (van departs from), 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell; $5-$8 (425-487-2441 or www.northshoreseniorcenter.org).
TODAY Various foods are prepared, plus dulcimer music and Jewish traditions. Noon, University District Senior Center, 5225 15th Ave. N.E., Seattle; $4 (206-524-0473).
Senior dance social
WED For ages 55 and up with music, dance instruction and presentation. 1-3 p.m., Century Ballroom, 915 E. Pine St., Seattle; $10 (206-325-2576 or www.centuryballroom.com).
Medicare Part D
THROUGH DEC 31 Get information and questions answered for those thinking about enrolling in Medicare’s prescription-drug program. (800-562-6900 or www.benefits checkup.org/index.cfm).
Submit Senior Calendar listings
three weeks in advance to: email@example.com
or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111