A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
Senior holiday ball
TODAY Annual dance with Seattle Swing band. 1-4 p.m., SeattleCenterHouse,305HarrisonSt.,Seattle;free(206-684-0500).
Most Read Life Stories
- 'I never imagined ... a cold night on the mountain': Mount St. Helens summit attempt humbles a writer
- You can find Chinese roast duck all over Seattle, but Kau Kau was one of the first to do it — and they’re still one of the best
- As Washington's restaurants reopen from pandemic mode, here are some neighborhood eats you should revisit!
- From closing a restaurant forever to ‘Top Chef’ — an extraordinary pandemic year in the life of Seattle’s Shota Nakajima
- Spicy peanut noodles are a quick, pantry-friendly meal that's ready for riffing
FRI Crone of Puget Sound’s holiday potluck, bring food to share. 5:30 p.m., Wallingford Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle; $5 suggested donation (206-281-7944).
TODAY Weekly low-impact class for seniors and beginners. noon-1 p.m., First Free Methodist Church, 3200 Third Ave. W., Seattle; donations accepted (206-281-2240).
Long-term care insurance
TUE Get facts about long-term care and how it can be financed; registration required. 6-7 p.m., Ameriprise Financial, 1200 Westlake Ave. N., Seattle; free (206-225-3661).
SHIBA Medicare Part D
TUE One-time class, appointment required. 12:30-3:30 p.m., South County Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave., Edmonds; free (425-774-5555).
Seasonal affective disorder
TUE Learn how to improve your mood with medical options and light therapy; registration required. 12:45-2 p.m., Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell; free (425-487-2441 or www.northshoreseniorcenter.org).
Pearl Harbor remembrance
THU Share or tell stories about what you were doing on Dec. 7; preregistration required. 2-3:30 p.m., WSU Extension Room, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett; free (425-357-6002).
Caring for our aging parents
THU Workshop series with author Dylan Schaffer, author of “Building a Relationship With a Difficult Parent.” 7:30-9 p.m., Herzl-Ner Tamid Conservative Congregation; $10 (206-461-3240 ext. 8784).
AARP driver safety course
SAT Refresher course for motorists 50 and older. Noon, Federal Way Library, 34200 First Way S., Federal Way; (253-838-3668).
Submit Senior Calendar listings
three weeks in advance to: email@example.com or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111