Readers rant about cruel comment about elderly dog, rave about returned wallet
RANT To the coward who hissed “euthanize” under his breath while I was walking my elderly dog. This time of our lives is hard enough without you chiming in. How can people be so cruel?
RAVE To the honest, trustworthy and moral person who restored my faith in humankind. When I lost my wallet on the Light Rail, I dreaded the hours it would take canceling my accounts and fighting to regain my stolen identity. I chuckled sarcastically when my wife suggested I report it to lost and found, and I laughed outright when the kind gentleman at the King County Metro office cheerfully said, “Who knows? There are still some honest people out there!” Luckily, he was right and I was wrong.
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Don’t say ‘Happy Yom Kippur!’ and 4 other tips for the Jewish holy day
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop