Readers rant about cruel comment about elderly dog, rave about returned wallet
RANT To the coward who hissed “euthanize” under his breath while I was walking my elderly dog. This time of our lives is hard enough without you chiming in. How can people be so cruel?
RAVE To the honest, trustworthy and moral person who restored my faith in humankind. When I lost my wallet on the Light Rail, I dreaded the hours it would take canceling my accounts and fighting to regain my stolen identity. I chuckled sarcastically when my wife suggested I report it to lost and found, and I laughed outright when the kind gentleman at the King County Metro office cheerfully said, “Who knows? There are still some honest people out there!” Luckily, he was right and I was wrong.
Most Read Life Stories
- Marie Kondo'ing my kitchen: What a food writer learned from a total pantry re-org with a food-waste expert VIEW
- Beat the winter blues on these lowland hikes not far from Seattle VIEW
- A legend in the Seattle food scene returns and 8 more big openings for 2019
- Blue C Sushi shuts down five Seattle-area restaurants
- No tomato paste? No problem: Seek out "Substitutions Bible"