Readers rant about cruel comment about elderly dog, rave about returned wallet
RANT To the coward who hissed “euthanize” under his breath while I was walking my elderly dog. This time of our lives is hard enough without you chiming in. How can people be so cruel?
RAVE To the honest, trustworthy and moral person who restored my faith in humankind. When I lost my wallet on the Light Rail, I dreaded the hours it would take canceling my accounts and fighting to regain my stolen identity. I chuckled sarcastically when my wife suggested I report it to lost and found, and I laughed outright when the kind gentleman at the King County Metro office cheerfully said, “Who knows? There are still some honest people out there!” Luckily, he was right and I was wrong.
Most Read Life Stories
- Mrs. Cook’s, after 42 years of supplying Seattle home chefs, is closing
- Fueled by a chef's second act, Good Day Donuts hits a sweet spot in White Center
- Travel Wise | A travel expert's go-to advice: Pack the right socks
- Exploring the Puget Sound region's unusual Airbnbs, from an island tree house to a Finnish-style spa VIEW
- For a different Thanksgiving dessert, swap pie for parfaits