Today we declare a moratorium on venting, kvetching and complaining. Rants will return next week. Merry Christmas. Your New Year's resolution...
Today we declare a moratorium on venting, kvetching and complaining. Rants will return next week. Merry Christmas.
“Many thanks to the generous woman who was filled with the true meaning of the season when she paid for my husband’s groceries at the Kent Winco Dec. 11. She wouldn’t give her name and would only say ‘Merry Christmas.’ We promise to pay it forward. Bless you.
“A huge rave for the staff and a customer at the Totem Lake Fred Meyer for returning two $50 gift cards I lost in the parking lot.”
“Thanks to the customer who left Starbucks gift cards for the gift wrappers at the Bellevue University Book Store. Happy holidays to you! I will do this, and I’m thankful for the thoughtful people in our community.”
Most Read Life Stories
- The Big Tuna Sandwich Mystery
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- 8 new do’s — and 1 don’t — for post-pandemic restaurant etiquette
- Traveling this summer? Here’s what you should know about the delta variant of the coronavirus.
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
“A big rave to Karen A. I had purchased a storage unit at the Renton Goodwill and was having difficulty fitting it into my car. Karen pulled up and asked if she could drive it home for me. The management team of Goodwill gave Karen a gift card for her generous actions. All she asked was that I ‘pay it forward.’
“A huge rave to the Brown Bear car wash on 15th near Magnolia. After the snow storm I cruised up to the car wash, startled to be about eighth in line. With an attentive staff I was out of there in less than 10 minutes!”
Your New Year’s resolution? Do tell: email@example.com.