Here are some new products for home sewers: Sew Slip, a Teflon sheet, is helpful for applique and free-motion stitching. It's offered by Innovative...
Here are some new products for home sewers:
Sew Slip, a Teflon sheet, is helpful for applique and free-motion stitching. It’s offered by Innovative Imprints of Flushing. Owner Evelyn Bower says it eliminates the drag on fabric as you sew.
The type with a hole in the center is perfect for free stitching, while the one without a hole is for applique work.
The 12-inch by 18-inch Sew Slips are $25 each (plus tax and $2 shipping) from www.innovativeimprints.com, or call 810-659-6042.
Most Read Life Stories
- How to start cross-country skiing — the ideal sport for social distancing
- What to do with Thanksgiving leftovers? Try making easy mini turkey potpies | Cooking with Sadie
- This decadent quinoa bake is a clever way to reinvent leftover Thanksgiving vegetables
- Thanksgiving: What can and can’t be prepped ahead
- Seattle-area restaurants open for Thanksgiving 2020 takeout
Gloves in a Bottle is a new lotion that coats your hands with a protective barrier, ideal for fiber artists who might dabble in fabric dyeing. It’s $12.95 for 8 ounces. Call 800-600-1881 or go online to www.glovesinabottle.com.
Needle Genius takes the guesswork out of matching needles and thread. The portable Needle Genius by L.J. Designs resembles an artist’s color wheel but allows a sewer to dial the type of fabric and thread being used and match them with the correct needle.
The gadget includes other information about needles, millimeter conversions, quilt sizes and more. Retail is $14.95 plus $2 shipping if ordered by phone at 775-853-2207, with code NG1.