Melania Trump is launching line of affordable jewelry on QVC
NEW YORK — Even the rich and famous enjoy a bargain.
Melania Trump is launching line of affordable jewelry on QVC. Each item in the Melania Timepieces & Jewelry collection costs less than $200.
The 40-year-old model could have created a fine jewelry line but said she wanted something more accessible. Now that her 4-year-old son, Barron, is in school, she has more time to work on sketches and designs.
“I’m completely involved from A to Z, 100 percent. … I go through the samples and have to approve every piece.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Why the 'dirty dozen' produce list is misguided
- Seated with an unruly passenger on your flight? Here's what to do
- Restaurant review: This tiny Seattle spot is making world-class pizza
- This oven-roasted chicken shawarma is a whirlwind of flavor
- Fridge or pantry? How to store peanut butter, ketchup and other staples
The line is broken up into three categories inspired by places Trump calls home: New York, Palm Beach and Paris. The New York items are created with a businesswoman in mind; Palm Beach is more sporty, and Paris is more flashy and glamorous.
Trump said she didn’t consult her real estate mogul husband, Donald, much about her venture.
“He knows I’m doing it, but we didn’t talk much,” she said. “I’m not a big talker; I prefer to do it and then when it’s done to come out and show. I don’t like people who talk, talk, talk and then don’t deliver.”
Trump’s collection will make its debut on QVC on Friday.