Melania Trump is launching line of affordable jewelry on QVC
NEW YORK — Even the rich and famous enjoy a bargain.
Melania Trump is launching line of affordable jewelry on QVC. Each item in the Melania Timepieces & Jewelry collection costs less than $200.
The 40-year-old model could have created a fine jewelry line but said she wanted something more accessible. Now that her 4-year-old son, Barron, is in school, she has more time to work on sketches and designs.
“I’m completely involved from A to Z, 100 percent. … I go through the samples and have to approve every piece.”
Most Read Life Stories
- The big tuna sandwich mystery at Subway
- Traveling this summer? Here’s what you should know about the delta variant of the coronavirus.
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- Are you really hungry — or is that food craving a canary in a coal mine?
- How to make crispy air-fryer fries with no fuss and very little muss
The line is broken up into three categories inspired by places Trump calls home: New York, Palm Beach and Paris. The New York items are created with a businesswoman in mind; Palm Beach is more sporty, and Paris is more flashy and glamorous.
Trump said she didn’t consult her real estate mogul husband, Donald, much about her venture.
“He knows I’m doing it, but we didn’t talk much,” she said. “I’m not a big talker; I prefer to do it and then when it’s done to come out and show. I don’t like people who talk, talk, talk and then don’t deliver.”
Trump’s collection will make its debut on QVC on Friday.