Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on...
Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on their fingers and toes. Why not? It’s for a good cause.
London-based celebrity nail artist Nonie Creme created the brand new black nail color; proceeds from each bottle will benefit the Abused Deaf Women Advocacy Service.
“People say, ‘It’s too crazy, it’s too gothic.’ Well, no, actually, it’s like the same as a pair of shiny, immaculate black shoes, the perfect little black nail,” Creme says. “I would encourage people to think of Coco Chanel as opposed to Morticia Addams.”
butter LONDON’s flagship store (206-547-2311) opens Saturday on the third floor of Westlake Center — next to the Monorail — where quick-but-quality waterless manis and pedis are delivered via a backdrop of young and cool Britannia.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
“We kind of feel like Kate Moss London rather than the Queen’s London,” says co-founder Sasha Muir, “if you know what I mean.”
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org