Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on...
Black is the new black at butter LONDON nail salon, where all the fashionable and slightly British girls are wearing Union Jack Black on their fingers and toes. Why not? It’s for a good cause.
London-based celebrity nail artist Nonie Creme created the brand new black nail color; proceeds from each bottle will benefit the Abused Deaf Women Advocacy Service.
“People say, ‘It’s too crazy, it’s too gothic.’ Well, no, actually, it’s like the same as a pair of shiny, immaculate black shoes, the perfect little black nail,” Creme says. “I would encourage people to think of Coco Chanel as opposed to Morticia Addams.”
butter LONDON’s flagship store (206-547-2311) opens Saturday on the third floor of Westlake Center — next to the Monorail — where quick-but-quality waterless manis and pedis are delivered via a backdrop of young and cool Britannia.
Most Read Life Stories
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
“We kind of feel like Kate Moss London rather than the Queen’s London,” says co-founder Sasha Muir, “if you know what I mean.”
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org