The generation that is redefining old age is making growing old easier for its pets. "Baby boomers are keeping their pets longer and are...
The generation that is redefining old age is making growing old easier for its pets.
“Baby boomers are keeping their pets longer and are willing to do $5,000 surgeries on them,” says Bob Vetere, president of the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association. “There are even denture products to help keep their teeth longer.”
The Web site www.seniorpetproducts.com sells 600 products, including the top-selling diapers for dogs. Solvit’s telescoping ramp, left, was designed for SUVs and vans, and some customers have used it in bedrooms, too. It’s about $150.
Jura Koncius, The Washington Post
Most Read Life Stories
- After 42 years of supplying Seattle home chefs, Mrs. Cook's is closing
- When do Northwest ski slopes open? 2018 forecast
- Fueled by a chef's second act, Good Day Donuts hits a sweet spot in White Center
- Michelle Obama's mother, Marian Robinson, gave Obama girls 'laundry lessons' in White House
- Travel Wise | A travel expert's go-to advice: Pack the right socks