The generation that is redefining old age is making growing old easier for its pets. "Baby boomers are keeping their pets longer and are...
The generation that is redefining old age is making growing old easier for its pets.
“Baby boomers are keeping their pets longer and are willing to do $5,000 surgeries on them,” says Bob Vetere, president of the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association. “There are even denture products to help keep their teeth longer.”
The Web site www.seniorpetproducts.com sells 600 products, including the top-selling diapers for dogs. Solvit’s telescoping ramp, left, was designed for SUVs and vans, and some customers have used it in bedrooms, too. It’s about $150.
Jura Koncius, The Washington Post
Most Read Life Stories
- Hot pot is hot in Bellevue right now, but good luck trying to get a table at Liuyishou and The Dolar Shop
- Dinner at a Movie: Yikes — a downtown Seattle multiplex ventures into real food and 'Jartails'
- Don't overcook the wagyu! 12 tips for hot-pot newbies waiting to try Liuyishou or The Dolar Shop
- Groats? Steel-cut? In a smoothie? However you eat them, oats deliver key nutrients
- Veterinary Q&A: HGE in dogs Part 2