Going green in the garden Gardeners looking to use fewer chemicals and work more with nature can find helpful tips at King County's site...
Gardeners looking to use fewer chemicals and work more with nature can find helpful tips at King County’s site for natural yard care at www.metrokc.gov/dnrp/swd/naturalyardcare.
Topics include healthy soil, selecting the right plant, watering tips and pesticide use.
The site also offers information about discounts at area retailers through September. For details, click on “Northwest Natural Yard Days,” or go to www.yarddays.com.
Source: King County Solid Waste Division
Most Read Life Stories
- 8 new do’s — and 1 don’t — for post-pandemic restaurant etiquette
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- Suddenly everybody knows about Juneteenth. How does that change how we celebrate?
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
Compiled by Judy Averill, digs editor. Green Tips is an occasional feature on environmentally friendly ways of living.