A weekly listing of garden events, classes and sales.
Dates and times are subject to change. Call ahead to confirm.
N.W. Bonsai Association
Most Read Life Stories
- 8 new do’s — and 1 don’t — for post-pandemic restaurant etiquette
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
SAT Bonsai technique demonstrations and auction of donated specimens, 11:30 a.m., Swansons Nursery, 9701 15th Ave. N.W., Seattle; free (206-782-2543, ext. 238, or www.swansonsnursery.com).
SAT Tips on growing a variety of indoor plants for every home situation, 11 a.m., Emery’s Garden, 2829 164th St. S.W., Lynnwood; free (425-743-4555 or www.emerysgarden.com).
Putting the garden to bed
SUN Learn inexpensive ways to replenish the soil and prepare for next spring, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Good Shepherd Center Demonstration Garden, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle; $15-$18 (registration: www.seattletilth.org.)
Gardening Q&A forum
Gardening experts give tips and answer questions on all general gardening questions, 1 p.m., Emery’s Garden, 2829 164th St. S.W., Lynnwood; free (425-743-4555 or www.emerysgarden.com).
Conifer garden walk
SAT The last garden walk of 2006 at La Conner Flats, with emphasis on the evergreens of the Northwest, 1-2 p.m., Christianson’s Nursery and Greenhouse, 15806 Best Road, Mount Vernon; free (360-466-3821 or www.christiansonsnursery.com)
Garden calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239; mailed to Garden Calendar, Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is three weeks before publication.