A weekly listing of garden events, classes and sales.
Dates and times are subject to change. Call ahead to confirm.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- New hiking trail app designed to help avoid crowded trails
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
THROUGH DEC. 31 Thousands of lights create sculptures of 3-D flowers, shrubs, vines and creatures, 5-9:30 p.m. daily, Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main St., Bellevue; free (425-452-2750).
Santa Claus visit
SAT Enjoy hot cider and visit with Santa Claus, noon-4 p.m., Classic Nursery and Landscaping, 12526 Avondale Road N.E., Redmond (425-885-5678).
Northwest Perennial Alliance
SAT People with all gardening skills are welcome to learn hands-on perennial care. Bring your own hand tools, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Bellevue Botanical Gardens, 12001 Main St., Bellevue; free (425-647-6004).
ONGOING Guided walks of the Washington Park Arboretum, 1 p.m. first and third Sundays, Washington Park Arboretum, 2300 Arboretum Drive E., Seattle; free (206-543-8800 or www.wparboretum.org ).
Garden calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239; mailed to Garden Calendar, Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is three weeks before publication.