"Design on a Lime: Flowers with a Twist" by Anne Ryan with photography by Kristie Coia Feld Press, $27.50 The simple but elegant floral...
“Design on a Lime: Flowers with a Twist”
by Anne Ryan with photography by Kristie Coia
Feld Press, $27.50
Most Read Life Stories
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
The simple but elegant floral designs by Oregon resident Anne Ryan are showcased in mostly full-page photos on 90 of the 100 pages.
Only a sentence or two accompanies the photos, so it’s not a step-by-step how-to book. What it does offer is inspiration for using unusual materials and lively color combinations in arrangements.
It’s available at www.powells.com.
“Real Simple: Celebrations (Easy Entertaining for Every Occasion)”
by the editors of Real Simple
Time Inc. Home Entertainment, $27.95
This beautifully designed book is crammed with ideas for all types of parties, from Thanksgiving dinner to a summer barbecue. Some readers might quibble with the words “simple” and “easy” in the title — there are certainly a few suggestions that require a bit of planning and elbow grease.
Real Simple has included templates for many of the projects on its Web site at realsimple.com/celebrations.
The book is available at www.amazon.com
Compiled from Seattle Times staff and McClatchy News