A weekend calendar of events for families.
Seattle National College Fair
More than 300 colleges from around the U.S. and many international institutions will be available to meet with interested students and parents, plus a variety of college-planning workshops, noon-4 p.m., Washington State Convention and Trade Center, 800 Convention Place, Seattle; free (206-720-7824 or www.nacacnet.org).
Hmong New Year Celebration
Most Read Life Stories
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- 11 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Seattle’s AIDS Memorial Pathway becomes one of few memorials honoring those lost to the epidemic
- Pioneer Park on Mercer Island is a cool, shady retreat for dogs, humans and horses
- See the Pacific Northwest this summer with these 12 road trips from Seattle
Traditional harvest celebration by the Hmong people of Laos, Thailand and Burma, with photo and artifact exhibits, craft exhibits and demonstrations, 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Seattle Center House, Seattle (206-684-7200).
Fancy rat show and educational fair by RatsPacNW rat club to promote rats as pets, 11 a.m.- 6 p.m., Crown Hill School, 9250 14th Ave. N.W., Seattle; $3-$5 (206-313-4777 or www.worldofrats.com).
Music and dance performances from cultures around the world, bazaar, exhibits, Lego activities for children, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. today, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, Crossroads Bellevue, 15600 N.E. Eighth St., Bellevue (425-644-1111 or www.crossroadsbellevue.com).