A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
TODAY Benefit for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center includes a full breakfast, Nutcracker ballet dancers, Santa and more, preregistration required. 9:30-11 a.m., Sheraton Hotel, 1400 Sixth Ave., Seattle, $25-$50 (206-667-6264 or www.fhcrc.org)
Most Read Life Stories
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- The Big Tuna Sandwich Mystery
- 8 new do’s — and 1 don’t — for post-pandemic restaurant etiquette
- Traveling this summer? Here’s what you should know about the delta variant of the coronavirus.
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
Putnam Foundation auction
DEC 31 Gala and auction for its work helping children and communities by improving and providing access to youth sports programs in the Pacific Northwest, registration required. Grand Hyatt Hotel, 721 Pine St., Seattle, $100 (206-774-1234 or www.putnamfoundation.org)
JAN 14 Fundraiser helps provide care to people with HIV, features a multicourse meal prepared by celebrated Northwest chefs, registration required. 5 p.m., Bell Harbor International Conference Center (Pier 66), 2211 Alaskan Way, Seattle, $175 (206-223-7504 or www.virginiamason.org)
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Christopher Taylor, Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is three weeks before publication.