A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
Washington Wilderness Coalition benefit
THU Dinner and silent auction for this organization that works to preserve and restore wildlife areas in Washington state. Bruce Barcott is guest speaker, registration required. 6-9 p.m., St. Demetrius Hall, 2100 Boyer Ave. E., Seattle; $50 (206-633-1992 or www.wawild.org).
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- Rant & Rave: Crows are quite smart. They don’t need your help finding food
FRI-SAT The Des Moines Auxiliary of Children’s Hospital & Regional Medical Center annual event featuring craft items, baked goods and food with proceeds going toward the hospital’s uncompensated care fund. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days, Des Moines United Methodist Church, 22225 Ninth Ave. S., Des Moines (253-854-0892).
SAT The Auburn Mountainview Booster Club fundraiser, which helps support students at Auburn Mountainview High School. 5-7 p.m. tree lighting and viewing, 7 p.m. live auction, Auburn Mountainview High School, 28900 124th Ave. S.E., Auburn; $2.50-$3.50 (253-630-6641).
“Sips and Shoes”
NOV 19 Wine tasting and shoe extravaganza to raise money for the WSCFF Burn Foundation. 4-7 p.m., Grand Hyatt Hotel, 721 Pine St., Seattle; $35 (206-526-1992 or www.vinolover.com/ Upcomingevents.htm).
Hopelink Turkey Trot
NOV 19 Annual 5K walk to raise money for meals to low-income families, registration required. Noon registration, 1 p.m. walk start, Marina Park, 25 Lake Shore Plaza, Kirkland; $15-$25 (425-869-6029 or www.hope-link.org).
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Christopher Taylor, Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is three weeks before publication.