A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
TODAY Benefit for Mazon, which allocates donations from the Jewish community to prevent and alleviate world hunger. Event includes dinner, music and dancing, registration required. 5-8 p.m., Temple De Hirsch Sinai, 1520 E. Union St., Seattle, $50 suggested donation (206-323-7674 or www.mazon.org)
Most Read Life Stories
- We check out the new food and entertainment options at T-Mobile Park
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- Banh mi, Russian dumplings and an affordable family feast await you in Kirkland
- Ireland sets reopening date, launches multimillion-dollar tourism campaign
TODAY & DEC 23-24 Benefit for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center includes a full breakfast, Nutcracker ballet dancers, Santa and more, preregistration required. 9:30-11 a.m., Sheraton Hotel, 1400 Sixth Ave., Seattle, $25-$50 (206-667-6264 or www.fhcrc.org)
Secret Santa toy drive
THROUGH TODAY New and unwrapped toys, games and children’s books are accepted for donation to needy area youth. Seattle area Sleep Country locations, (888-88-SLEEP or www.sleepcountry.com)
TUE Comedy performance benefit for the Safe Schools Coalition. 8:30-10 p.m., Comedy Underground, 222 S. Main St., Seattle, $10-$12 (206-296-4970 or www.nonprofitcomedy.com)
Remembering the King
THU Entertainment by Elvis tribute artists featuring The Dempseys, the house band at the Elvis Restaurant in Memphis, benefiting Children’s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 7-10 p.m., Renton Technical College, 3000 N.E. Fourth St., Renton; $25 advance, $30 the day of event (206-367-3587).
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Christopher Taylor, Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is three weeks before publication.