A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
Jingle Bell Run
TODAY The Jingle Bell Run benefits the Arthritis Foundation and includes a 5K run/walk, 1K children’s run, costume contest and post-event bash, 8 a.m. registration, Westlake Center, 400 Pine St., Seattle; $10-$35 (206-547-2707 or www.seattlejinglebellrun.org)
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
TODAY Benefit for the Hope Chest and its work to supply household items and furniture to deserving families, featuring the vocal group Seattle Mix performing holiday songs, 3 p.m., The Lakeshore, 11448 Rainier Ave., Seattle; free, donations accepted (206-772-1200)
SAT-DEC 17, 23-24 Benefit for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, includes a full breakfast, Nutcracker ballet dancers, Santa and more, pre-registration required. 9:30-11 a.m., Sheraton Hotel, 1400 Sixth Ave., Seattle, $25-$50 (206-667-6264 or www.fhcrc.org)
Secret Santa toy drive
THROUGH DEC 17 New and unwrapped toys, games and children’s books are accepted for donation to needy area youth. Seattle area Sleep Country locations, (888-88-SLEEP or www.sleepcountry.com)
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Christopher Taylor, Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to email@example.com. Deadline is three weeks before publication.