A weekly listing of benefits and other special events.
TUE Golf tournament with proceeds benefiting the Arthritis Foundation, Pacific Northwest Chapter; registration required. 1 p.m. shotgun start, The Golf Club at Newcastle (China Creek Course), 15500 Six Penny Lane, Newcastle; $200-$800 (206-547-2707 or www.arthritis.org/communities/Chapters/Chapter.asp?chapid=56).
Power of Recovery Walk
Most Read Life Stories
- 'I never imagined ... a cold night on the mountain': Mount St. Helens summit attempt humbles a writer
- Spicy peanut noodles are a quick, pantry-friendly meal that's ready for riffing
- The big tuna sandwich mystery at Subway
- As Washington's restaurants reopen from pandemic-mode, here are some neighborhood eats you should revisit!
- How to make crispy air-fryer fries with no fuss and very little muss
SAT Walk to support the recovery community and to encourage people to seek help for drug or alcohol addiction; registration required. 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Kirkland Marina Park, 25 Lakeshore Plaza, Kirkland; free (425-823-8844 or www.recoverywalk.org).
Running of the Balls
SAT Benefit for the Sno-King Youth Club and Edmonds Rotary. Activities include a tennis ball race, 5K run, auction and information booths. 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Frances E. Anderson Field, 700 Main St., Edmonds; various prices (425-775-2633 or www.skyc.net).
Friends of Avery benefit
SAT Singer-songwriter Nanci Griffith performs in a benefit for the Friends of Avery Cancer Caregiver Network. 8 p.m., Admiral Theatre, 515 Pacific Ave., Bremerton; $20-$50 (360-373-6743 or www.admiraltheatre.org).
Calendar items can be faxed, 206-464-2239, mailed to Benefits Calendar, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111, or e-mailed to email@example.com. Deadline is three weeks before publication.