People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched...
People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched and dissolved, blog musings and rap sheets.
Sometimes, their secrets are hiding in plain sight. You can run the name or address of a prospective date, nanny or housekeeper through the databases listed (see the attached chart) and get a pretty good picture of the public-records trail they’ve created.
Public records aren’t perfect — bear in mind these databases could contain inaccurate information or be missing data.
While you can learn a lot, don’t take any of it as gospel without double-checking.
Most Read Life Stories
- Dr. James Joki grew up in Ballard. Then he helped make Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon possible. VIEW
- It's easy to be duped by celebrities peddling false health claims. Here's how to get the facts.
- Milestones in space travel: An illustrated timeline
- How spacesuits have changed since 1969
- Departing Seattle Times restaurant critic Providence Cicero reflects on two decades of dining out