People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched...
People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched and dissolved, blog musings and rap sheets.
Sometimes, their secrets are hiding in plain sight. You can run the name or address of a prospective date, nanny or housekeeper through the databases listed (see the attached chart) and get a pretty good picture of the public-records trail they’ve created.
Public records aren’t perfect — bear in mind these databases could contain inaccurate information or be missing data.
While you can learn a lot, don’t take any of it as gospel without double-checking.
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- Rant & Rave: Noisy kids ruined camping trip
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop