People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched...
People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched and dissolved, blog musings and rap sheets.
Sometimes, their secrets are hiding in plain sight. You can run the name or address of a prospective date, nanny or housekeeper through the databases listed (see the attached chart) and get a pretty good picture of the public-records trail they’ve created.
Public records aren’t perfect — bear in mind these databases could contain inaccurate information or be missing data.
While you can learn a lot, don’t take any of it as gospel without double-checking.
Most Read Life Stories
- Meg's Hamburgers make a satisfying downtown lunch — just beware the hot dog/hamburger hybrid
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- Travel Wise | How to sit with your kids on a plane (if you want to)
- Upscale dining deals: Dinner for two and bottle of wine for $30 at Seattle's revered Lark