People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched...
People leave footprints behind as they move through life, tracks etched in public records — property bought and sold, marriages launched and dissolved, blog musings and rap sheets.
Sometimes, their secrets are hiding in plain sight. You can run the name or address of a prospective date, nanny or housekeeper through the databases listed (see the attached chart) and get a pretty good picture of the public-records trail they’ve created.
Public records aren’t perfect — bear in mind these databases could contain inaccurate information or be missing data.
While you can learn a lot, don’t take any of it as gospel without double-checking.
Most Read Life Stories
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- 4 Washington cities make nation's top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands
- Late bloomers: Adult ballet classes bring the joy of dance at any age VIEW
- The fourth-best burger in America — it’s in South Park?
- Seattle restaurant classics: Why you need to go to Voula's Offshore Cafe VIEW