There's a reason all those college brochures suggest you pack a pair of flip-flops — and it ain't for fashion, dude. It's the dreaded communal...
There’s a reason all those college brochures suggest you pack a pair of flip-flops — and it ain’t for fashion, dude. It’s the dreaded communal shower.
Some are so frightening, in fact, the folks at AXE (which makes grooming products for guys) figured the topic was worth a national contest and a big-bucks makeover.
The results are in from its online search for the nastiest fraternity shower — and you’ll be relieved to learn that no Washington chapter “won.”
But the Psi Upsilon house at the UW (no, the Greek abbreviation is not P.U.) did come in fourth. (We can’t say we’ve ever been there, but from the photo, we’re guessing we would not want to sit on that plastic chair. And who needs a ladder in the shower?)
Most Read Stories
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
First-place horrifying honors went to the Lambda Chi Alphas at the University of Oklahoma where, apparently, cleanliness is next to impossible. For their No. 1 nastiness, they’ll receive a $15,000 shower overhaul from MTV designer Chuck Aubrey, who just might throw in some beverage holders, fold-down seats and even a flat-screen TV.
Hey, Chuck — how about a slipcover, at least, for our Psi-U guys?