There's a reason all those college brochures suggest you pack a pair of flip-flops — and it ain't for fashion, dude. It's the dreaded communal...
There’s a reason all those college brochures suggest you pack a pair of flip-flops — and it ain’t for fashion, dude. It’s the dreaded communal shower.
Some are so frightening, in fact, the folks at AXE (which makes grooming products for guys) figured the topic was worth a national contest and a big-bucks makeover.
The results are in from its online search for the nastiest fraternity shower — and you’ll be relieved to learn that no Washington chapter “won.”
But the Psi Upsilon house at the UW (no, the Greek abbreviation is not P.U.) did come in fourth. (We can’t say we’ve ever been there, but from the photo, we’re guessing we would not want to sit on that plastic chair. And who needs a ladder in the shower?)
Most Read Life Stories
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
First-place horrifying honors went to the Lambda Chi Alphas at the University of Oklahoma where, apparently, cleanliness is next to impossible. For their No. 1 nastiness, they’ll receive a $15,000 shower overhaul from MTV designer Chuck Aubrey, who just might throw in some beverage holders, fold-down seats and even a flat-screen TV.
Hey, Chuck — how about a slipcover, at least, for our Psi-U guys?