For those addicted to open houses, the ultimate snoop fest is now here. It's the Grand Tour of Homes, courtesy of the Master Builders Association...
For those addicted to open houses, the ultimate snoop fest is now here. It’s the Grand Tour of Homes, courtesy of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish counties.
Visitors can view 105 homes, condos and townhomes ranging in price from $140,000 to $1.9 million.
The homes are scattered throughout King and Snohomish counties, with more than 60 boasting Built Green certification, which requires builders to meet environmental standards that exceed local building codes.
The tour is free, though there is a $5 suggested donation to visit two specialty homes: the Showcase Home and the Built Green Showcase Home. The former, Medina Lodge in Fall City, includes a hidden wing with a room and full bath, while the Built Green home in the Renton Highlands features windows designed to capture solar heat, low-flow plumbing and Energy Star appliances.
Most Read Life Stories
- The big tuna sandwich mystery at Subway
- Traveling this summer? Here’s what you should know about the delta variant of the coronavirus.
- 21 Seattle-area restaurants our critics are most excited to try post-pandemic
- Are you really hungry — or is that food craving a canary in a coal mine?
- How to make crispy air-fryer fries with no fuss and very little muss
Free tour guidebooks are available at QFC stores in King and Snohomish counties.
The tour is open noon-6 p.m. Thursdays-Sundays, until Oct. 15. For details, see www.masterbuildersinfo.com.
Nicole Tsong: 206-464-2150 or email@example.com