Attract birds to the garden while giving yourself a piece of art with this copper birdbath. $120. RiverRock Garden and Deck, 120 Central...
A birdbath that stands out
Attract birds to the garden while giving yourself a piece of art with this copper birdbath. $120. RiverRock Garden and Deck, 120 Central Way, Kirkland. 425-402-7163 or www.riverrockgarden.com
Give your hound shelter from the weather with help from “Doggie Homes: Barkitecture for your Best Friend,” by Matthew Klarich and Jeff Woods (Lark Books). The spinoff from DIY Network’s “Barkitecture” show offers how-to diagrams and tips for doghouses that include a log cabin, a schoolhouse and camper. Several of the projects can be completed in a weekend or two. $15. Amazon.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
Treats for the tweeters
Decorate a tree with these birdseed “eggs,” and watch your feathered friends dine. Multiple seed types in each egg. $19 for set of 12. Smith & Hawkens, 4622 25th Ave. N.E., Seattle. 206-985-8613
Take a seat in the garden
The Alpine Stone Bench, made from cast concrete, offers a place to rest in the garden while taking in the view. This one comes in three pieces for easy placement. It’s 44 inches wide. $119. RiverRock Garden and Deck, 120 Central Way, Kirkland. 425-402-7163 or www.riverrockgarden.com
Compiled by Judy Averill, digs editor, and Nicole Tsong, Seattle Times reporter. Birdbath and bench photos by Greg Gilbert / The Seattle Times. Birdseed photo courtesy of Smith & Hawkens.