It’s getting to be the end of winter, so while you may not be canning or pickling fresh veggies from your garden, you can still use these festive Mason jar decorations to gift freshly baked cookies to friends and family.
This project is such a simple way to add delightful detail to your jars, and would look especially great in a big bunch on a table, as party or wedding favors.
• Mason jar
Most Read Life Stories
- What to make of Renee Erickson's new restaurant and bar in the Amazon Spheres? Here's the verdict from our taste test
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- Starter Kit: A beginner's guide to snowshoeing
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
• Two cupcake liners, one larger than the other
• Coordinating tag with string
• An embellishment with foam dot
• Something delicious to put in your jar
Layer the small cupcake liner on top of the larger one. Liners in different colors work well so you can see the layers.
Flatten the cupcake liners out and lay them centered on top of the flat part of the jar lid, and then screw on the cap.
Use scissors to fringe the outer edge of the larger cupcake liner for an extra-fun look.
Tie a tag around the neck of the jar to label what’s inside or write a special message. Add a layered paper embellishment to the tag with a foam sticker dot for a really special look. If you want to go one step further, decoupage a beautiful image to a smooth area of the jar. Thinner paper works best; use a foam brush and Mod Podge to glue down the custom design.