Just one more bit of recognition for one of the country's rising stars.
In anointing Willows Inn among the 38 best restaurants, Eater said chef Wetzel “orchestrates four-hour dinners that double as manifestos on the area’s unparalleled bounty.”
Wetzel, who won the James Beard award for Best Chef in the Northwest in 2015, is from Olympia and trained with the renowned Rene Redzepi at Copenhagen’s august Noma, one of the world’s top restaurants.
Most Read Life Stories
- Kitchen confidential: How I downsized the most important room in the house VIEW
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Rant & Rave: Noisy kids ruined camping trip
- Big, juicy pork chops — stuffed and sauced with a flurry of fall flavors