Just one more bit of recognition for one of the country's rising stars.
In anointing Willows Inn among the 38 best restaurants, Eater said chef Wetzel “orchestrates four-hour dinners that double as manifestos on the area’s unparalleled bounty.”
Wetzel, who won the James Beard award for Best Chef in the Northwest in 2015, is from Olympia and trained with the renowned Rene Redzepi at Copenhagen’s august Noma, one of the world’s top restaurants.
Most Read Life Stories
- Dick’s Drive-In opened 65 years ago, back when a hamburger, fries and a shake cost 51 cents
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Jill Abramson is dealing with every journalist’s biggest nightmare
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests