A former Canlis chef does Mexico City-inspired fare complete with handmade tortillas in Pioneer Square. That and many more openings to check out.
Zocalo is a grand restaurant in Pioneer Square that’s not owned by Matt Dillon. Jeffrey Hunter, former sous chef at Canlis, does Mexico City-inspired cuisine with handmade tortillas and al pastor carved off the vertical spit. Zocalo also carries Avion, one of the best tequilas I’ve tasted in Mexico. The 7,000-square-foot restaurant in Occidental Square boasts a 28-seat bar and can hold almost 200 with additional outdoor seating coming soon.
Morfire opened at the corner of 12th and East Howell Street with hot pot, fried noodle dishes and appetizers like gyoza and wings.
Satay Bar opened in Greenwood with reasonably priced hot pot ($12-$14) and pan-fried dishes ($12-$14) along with its namesake street food ($8).
Joy Fish, a Chinese seafood restaurant, opened off Aurora Avenue North.
New locations of existing places:
Molly Moon’s opened its eighth location in Columbia City. Expect a new ice cream flavor in August.
Cakes of Paradise Bakery in Georgetown now has a café next door.
Most Read Life Stories
- Reopening phases in Washington state: When you can get a haircut, go to the gym, or eat at restaurants as coronavirus lockdowns are lifted
- Crowds, fears in Skamania County: This is life in Phase 2 of coronavirus reopening VIEW
- Lighter, fresher and with a crunch — here's a macaroni salad for modern times
- Restaurants? Libraries? Sports? Here's when things in Washington might reopen according to Inslee's 4-phase plan
- Reader's Lens | 3 Seattle sea lions lounge on a buoy near Alki watching life float by
Wild Ginger Kitchen opened another of its fast-casual concepts inside Whole Foods Market in Redmond.
More poke madness:
Poke Square in Ballard opens on NW Market Street and Poke Bar fills Gnocchi Bar’s old spot on Capitol Hill; and Just Poke expands to Bellevue after just opening another in Kirkland. Wait, there’s more. Just Poke plans to open branches in Factoria, Issaquah, Totem Lake, West Seattle, Bothell, Mercer Island and Sammamish. This comes after a wave of poke openings. See lists here and here.
We’ve also reviewed a bunch of new openings around town. Check out our reviews of: