A former Canlis chef does Mexico City-inspired fare complete with handmade tortillas in Pioneer Square. That and many more openings to check out.
Zocalo is a grand restaurant in Pioneer Square that’s not owned by Matt Dillon. Jeffrey Hunter, former sous chef at Canlis, does Mexico City-inspired cuisine with handmade tortillas and al pastor carved off the vertical spit. Zocalo also carries Avion, one of the best tequilas I’ve tasted in Mexico. The 7,000-square-foot restaurant in Occidental Square boasts a 28-seat bar and can hold almost 200 with additional outdoor seating coming soon.
Morfire opened at the corner of 12th and East Howell Street with hot pot, fried noodle dishes and appetizers like gyoza and wings.
Satay Bar opened in Greenwood with reasonably priced hot pot ($12-$14) and pan-fried dishes ($12-$14) along with its namesake street food ($8).
Joy Fish, a Chinese seafood restaurant, opened off Aurora Avenue North.
New locations of existing places:
Molly Moon’s opened its eighth location in Columbia City. Expect a new ice cream flavor in August.
Cakes of Paradise Bakery in Georgetown now has a café next door.
Most Read Life Stories
- Hot pot is hot in Bellevue right now, but good luck trying to get a table at Liuyishou and The Dolar Shop
- Spike in vacation scams prompts Better Business Bureau to warn travelers
- Stacey Abrams on her new book, new fame and rumors about a presidential ticket | Nicole Brodeur
- Carbon offsetting while you travel isn’t perfect — but it’s possible
- Travel Wise | Connecting flight woes? You might be facing a minimum transfer time — here's how to cope
Wild Ginger Kitchen opened another of its fast-casual concepts inside Whole Foods Market in Redmond.
More poke madness:
Poke Square in Ballard opens on NW Market Street and Poke Bar fills Gnocchi Bar’s old spot on Capitol Hill; and Just Poke expands to Bellevue after just opening another in Kirkland. Wait, there’s more. Just Poke plans to open branches in Factoria, Issaquah, Totem Lake, West Seattle, Bothell, Mercer Island and Sammamish. This comes after a wave of poke openings. See lists here and here.
We’ve also reviewed a bunch of new openings around town. Check out our reviews of: