Here are the best bars in the Seattle area for World Cup viewing, from The George & Dragon Pub in Fremont, Seattle's most famous soccer bar, to newcomer Cock & Bull Public House in Kirkland.
You’re going to see a lot of bleary-eyed customers throwing down a few pints as early as 6 a.m. Don’t judge. They’re imbibing for a different time zone. The World Cup has started. Many bars will open early and into the wee hours. Unlike baseball or football, you don’t want to be at just a sports bar when it comes to the World Cup. You want to be at a soccer bar. It’s a different atmosphere, a mingling of various cultures with more boasting and national pride than even the Olympics.
Here are 10 places to catch the 2018 World Cup. Note: In years past, some bars didn’t have food available or cancelled early game-time viewing due to staff shortages. Always call or check the web page for updates.
6508 Roosevelt Way N.E., Seattle (206-729-6266 or theatlanticcrossing.com)
Most Read Life Stories
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Ever wander by these little cottages in the heart of Belltown? Stop in for an art class sometime soon | Seattle Sketcher
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- Anorexia knows no body type — and thinking otherwise can be a barrier to treatment
1117 12th Ave., Seattle (206-709-7674 or cafepresseseattle.com)
11848 98th Ave. N.E., Kirkland (425-307-1640)
708 N.W. 65th St., Seattle (206-453-4527 or thedray.com)
801 First Ave., Seattle (206-264-2700 or fadoirishpub.com)
206 N. 36th St., Seattle (206-545-6864 or georgeanddragonpub.com)
2401 N.W. Market St., Seattle (206-789-0470 or themarketarms.com)
7311 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle (206-706-5430 or www.prosttavern.net)
Also in West Seattle. 3407 California Ave. S.W., Seattle (206-420-7174 or prostwestseattle.com)
912 12th Ave., Seattle (206 325 5409 or rheinhausseattle.com/sports)
7406 Aurora Ave. N., Seattle (206-523-1193 or standrewsbarandgrill.com)