Here are the best bars in the Seattle area for World Cup viewing, from The George & Dragon Pub in Fremont, Seattle's most famous soccer bar, to newcomer Cock & Bull Public House in Kirkland.
You’re going to see a lot of bleary-eyed customers throwing down a few pints as early as 6 a.m. Don’t judge. They’re imbibing for a different time zone. The World Cup has started. Many bars will open early and into the wee hours. Unlike baseball or football, you don’t want to be at just a sports bar when it comes to the World Cup. You want to be at a soccer bar. It’s a different atmosphere, a mingling of various cultures with more boasting and national pride than even the Olympics.
Here are 10 places to catch the 2018 World Cup. Note: In years past, some bars didn’t have food available or cancelled early game-time viewing due to staff shortages. Always call or check the web page for updates.
6508 Roosevelt Way N.E., Seattle (206-729-6266 or theatlanticcrossing.com)
Most Read Life Stories
- Travel Troubleshooter | American Airlines couldn't get us to grandmother's funeral. Now it's keeping our money. | Travel Troubleshooter
- Finding hope after tragedy: Wife's stroke left dad with newborn triplets a year ago VIEW
- Rant & Rave: Birds and cats don't mix
- We found the best $8 rosé at Metropolitan Market
- Meal kits aren't the environmental disaster you think they are, but they may frustrate experienced home cooks
1117 12th Ave., Seattle (206-709-7674 or cafepresseseattle.com)
11848 98th Ave. N.E., Kirkland (425-307-1640)
708 N.W. 65th St., Seattle (206-453-4527 or thedray.com)
801 First Ave., Seattle (206-264-2700 or fadoirishpub.com)
206 N. 36th St., Seattle (206-545-6864 or georgeanddragonpub.com)
2401 N.W. Market St., Seattle (206-789-0470 or themarketarms.com)
7311 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle (206-706-5430 or www.prosttavern.net)
Also in West Seattle. 3407 California Ave. S.W., Seattle (206-420-7174 or prostwestseattle.com)
912 12th Ave., Seattle (206 325 5409 or rheinhausseattle.com/sports)
7406 Aurora Ave. N., Seattle (206-523-1193 or standrewsbarandgrill.com)