Whether you're a Bears fan surreptitiously downloading the "Super Bowl Shuffle" at work or a Colts fan still hoarse from celebrating the...
Whether you’re a Bears fan surreptitiously downloading the “Super Bowl Shuffle” at work or a Colts fan still hoarse from celebrating the downfall of the Pats, rest assured: America’s housewares designers keep finding new ways for home cooks to display their passion for football.
We spied two new football-related items this season that could grace the 50-yard line of your snack-laden table.
NordicWare, the maker of those fancy cake pans that transform an everyday bundt into a chrysanthemum, a cathedral and other neat shapes, offers you the chance to bake your own stadium. Find it at Sur La Table, Williams-Sonoma and Ballard’s Kitchen N Things.
Kitchenware maker Trudeau presents a football-shaped fondue set, just waiting to melt your nacho cheese or chocolate for commercial-break dipping. Find it at Mrs. Cook’s or rush order from Amazon.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- Mrs. Cook’s, after 42 years of supplying Seattle home chefs, is closing
- Exploring the Puget Sound region's unusual Airbnbs, from an island tree house to a Finnish-style spa VIEW
- No tomato paste? No problem: Seek out "Substitutions Bible"
- Wake up with itchy spots? A look at what bites at night
- Veterinary Q&A: Bloody diarrhea Part 2 -- hemorrhagic gastroenteritis
Karen Gaudette, Seattle Times staff writer