Are we going to ditch Dick's for this? The beloved Shake Shack is coming to Seattle late next spring near the Amazon campus.
The major freak out food news of the day comes courtesy of Shake Shack, which is expanding to the South Lake Union area late spring in 2018, opening two blocks south of Whole Foods Market near the Amazon campus.
The folks behind the Danny Meyer empire announced it on twitter this morning.
Then Randy Garutti, the Shake Shack CEO, followed up with this statement.
Most Read Life Stories
- Reopening phases by county: What you can and can't do as Washington state reopens from coronavirus lockdown
- Indulge that sweet tooth as Neighborhood Eats takes you on a scrumptious tour of desserts in Bellevue VIEW
- Can I give my dog or cat COVID-19? The CDC has tips on keeping your pets safe
- It's your turn, kids: Give our Seattle Times Pantry Kitchen Challenge a whirl using these 4 ingredients | Cooking with Sadie
- This saucy, smothered tofu with peppers and onions will have you dreaming of the Mexican coast
“It’s a dream come true to bring Shake Shack to Seattle! This city has held a special place in my heart since the early days of my career living here and working as the General Manager of Canlis. I love coming back here and seeing the continued growth of the city and its dynamic food scene. We look forward to building a community gathering place for this great city.”
Seattle Met has more details on the CEO’s relationship with the Canlis family here including a tidbit about how Shake Shack wanted that 2115 Westlake property so bad (currently Wheelhouse Coffee and a dental office) that “they spent a year coaxing the dentist to relocate.”
The good news about that Westlake location is that there’s plenty of room on the sidewalk, which might be needed since Shake Shack draws lines two blocks long at some of its branches across the country.
Shake Shack has 136 locations worldwide, and there’s been buzz that the New York-based chain has been scouting real estate to open on the Eastside as well. A spokeswoman said Shake Shack won’t comment on any rumors until “we have something concrete to share.”
Shake Shack runs a typical fast-food menu but with craft beer and wine, too. And like at In-N-Out Burger, there’s a secret menu: you can get a peanut butter bacon burger, BLT or even a grilled cheese sandwich. In addition to its signature burger (single or double patty with lettuce, tomato, American cheese and secret sauce), there’s chicken sandwiches, griddled flat-top dogs, and crinkle-cut fries, along with frozen custards.