SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A San Francisco chef is the first woman in the United States to be awarded three stars from the Michelin Guide.
Dominique Crenn celebrated the honor on Instagram Thursday with her staff at Atelier Crenn, posting “congratulations to my amazing team.”
It was not the only honor for Crenn in Michelin’s Bay Area guide. Michelin also awarded one star to her new wine bar, Bar Crenn.
One star means “a very good restaurant,” while three stars signify “exceptional cuisine that is worth a special journey.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Meg's Hamburgers make a satisfying downtown lunch — just beware the hot dog/hamburger hybrid
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- Travel Wise | How to sit with your kids on a plane (if you want to)
- Upscale dining deals: Dinner for two and bottle of wine for $30 at Seattle's revered Lark
Michelin’s international director Gwendal Poullennec tells The Mercury News it sends a “very positive message.” Poullennec says Michelin hopes “it will lead to more women operating their own restaurants.”