SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A San Francisco chef is the first woman in the United States to be awarded three stars from the Michelin Guide.
Dominique Crenn celebrated the honor on Instagram Thursday with her staff at Atelier Crenn, posting “congratulations to my amazing team.”
It was not the only honor for Crenn in Michelin’s Bay Area guide. Michelin also awarded one star to her new wine bar, Bar Crenn.
One star means “a very good restaurant,” while three stars signify “exceptional cuisine that is worth a special journey.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Tips for beating travel hassles over Memorial Day weekend
- What, exactly, is 'natural' wine? Come find out at these two new Seattle wine bars
- Rooftop bars are all the rage in Seattle — we rated the 4 hottest ones for your summer enjoyment
- Want bulgogi brisket so good you'd (almost) fight a baby for it? Head to Bopbox in Seattle's Georgetown
- Melinda Gates reveals her marital struggles in hopes of empowering all women | Nicole Brodeur
Michelin’s international director Gwendal Poullennec tells The Mercury News it sends a “very positive message.” Poullennec says Michelin hopes “it will lead to more women operating their own restaurants.”