Pasta & Co Cranberry Sauce with Sour Cherries and Rum Makes 3½ cups 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over ¾ cup dry sour cherries 1/3 cup...
Makes 3½ cups
– 1 bag (12 ounces) raw cranberries, washed and picked over
– ¾ cup dry sour cherries
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 2/3 cup currant jelly
– 2/3 cup water
– ¼ cup dark rum
Most Read Stories
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Huskies won't repeat as Pac-12 champs, but their consolation prize? The game of the year
1. In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sour cherries, sugar, jelly and water. Over low heat, bring to a low simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until cranberries begin to pop.
2. Remove sauce from heat. Stir in rum. Refrigerate overnight to thicken sauce. Return to room temperature to serve.
Note: The cooked cranberries should be tender, but not mushy. You may cook the sauce to your taste, from firm, whole cranberries to softer ones that give off more pectin and make a thicker sauce.
From Pasta & Co