Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool...
Makes about 6 to 10 lefse
– 8 medium white potatoes
– ¾ cup butter
– ½ cup sour cream
– ¼ cup sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push 'refresh' button with Amazon
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Self-driving car accidents: Robot drivers are ‘odd, and that’s why they get hit’
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
1. Peel and cook potatoes, then drain well. Put through a ricer or mash the potatoes to make 5 cups. Add butter, sour cream, sugar and salt. Cool completely.
2. Add flour to the potatoes and mix as for a pie crust. Take a small ball of dough and roll out on floured surface until it’s about 10 inches in diameter. On an ungreased griddle, bake on each side, turning when bubbly and beginning to brown.
3. Remove lefse from griddle and place between cloths on a wire cake rack to cool. Once cool, pack in plastic bags to either store or freeze.
From Inga Hammer.