Makes 8 cakes
For the salsa:
½ fresh pineapple, cut into small chunks
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
Most Read Life Stories
- Too busy to exercise? Revised national fitness guidelines suggest building activity into your routine
- Hot burgers: The new branch of Seattle favorite Dick's opens in Kent today
- 6 truly beginner-friendly routes hikers of all skill levels can enjoy in Seattle and beyond VIEW
- Cheers to Costco! A sommelier picks his 5 favorite bottles of Kirkland wine
- Will holding your breath stop painful foot cramps?
1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
For the shrimp cakes:
1 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
1 pound cod fillets
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Toss all the salsa ingredients well in a glass bowl and refrigerate.
2. Place shredded coconut in a pie pan and set aside.
3. Pulse egg, cod, shrimp (reserve a few if desired to steam and use as garnish) and salt in a food processor until well combined. Form mixture into 8 balls about 2 inches in diameter. Pat into disc shapes and coat in coconut.
4. In a large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Fry the cakes until golden brown, about three to four minutes per side. Serve with pineapple salsa, garnished with steamed shrimp if desired.
— Adapted by Linda Cicero, Miami Herald, from Deliverlean.