BOISE, Idaho — Right-wing radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones says he has settled a lawsuit filed by Greek yogurt giant Chobani, reversing course from previous claims that he would never back down in the defamation case.
Jones read a brief statement at the end of his radio show Wednesday saying he had retracted previous stories and tweets about Chobani.
Chobani had argued in its lawsuit that Jones and his InfoWars website posted fabricated stories earlier this month that linked Chobani owner Hamdi Ulukaya and the company to a sexual assault case involving refugee children. The company filed the lawsuit in Idaho District Court in Twin Falls, where it operates the largest yogurt plant in the world.
Jones added that he regretted mischaracterizing Chobani, its employees and the people of Twin Falls.
Most Read Life Stories
- 'Why does freedom have to come with layers?' Black, queer residents speak out about identity in Seattle WATCH
- Going to THING festival this weekend? Here's your guide to the tastiest eats in Port Townsend VIEW
- Better than Din Tai Fung? There's a new king in the Greater Seattle soup dumpling race.
- 3 new happy hours around Seattle, and 1 'Yappy Hour' for dog lovers and dog owners
- A mouthwatering Central Asian snack comes to Greater Seattle — these 3 places do it well