Morton's, a downtown Seattle steakhouse, has augmented its free-steak-finger-sandwiches happy hour by offering drink specials during those times, and extended happy hours to every night.
Head down the long flight of stairs to Morton’s bar during happy hour, and what awaits are complimentary filet-mignon finger sandwiches when you order a drink.
But some happy-hour revelers didn’t see that as a deal. Morton’s regular drink menu is pricey to say the least, with many wines-by-the-glass and cocktails priced north of $10. But the downtown Seattle steakhouse just started a $4-to-$7 happy-hour drink list.
I think their happy hour just got more popular.
The fine mini-beef-bites pair nicely with beer. They were supposed to include cuts of medium-rare filet mignon on a sesame bun with a mayo-mustard sauce. But in actuality, a few steaks were well done and some had no sauce.
Most Read Life Stories
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Ever wander by these little cottages in the heart of Belltown? Stop in for an art class sometime soon | Seattle Sketcher
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- Anorexia knows no body type — and thinking otherwise can be a barrier to treatment
To Morton’s credit, it doesn’t make those free sandwiches salty to encourage the purchase of more beverages (an old bar trick), nor is it slow on their delivery. Generous mounds of finger sandwiches come fast and often, about every 20 minutes.
Morton’s, 1511 Sixth Ave., downtown, offers happy hour 5-6:30 p.m. daily, and 9-11 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, and 9-10 p.m. Sundays-Thursdays, with complimentary filet-mignon sandwiches only during the earlier happy hours Mondays-Fridays; beer, $4; selected wines, $5; and cocktails, $6-$7 (206-223-0550 or www.mortons.com).
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org