NEW YORK (AP) — Former “Top Chef” Fatima Ali says she has a year to live.
The 29-year-old underwent surgery to remove a tumor in January. However, Ali wrote Tuesday in an essay for Bon Appetit that the “cancer cells my doctors believed had vanished are back with a vengeance in my left hip and femur bone.” Ali says her oncologist told her she has a year to live, “with or without the new chemotherapy regimen.”
She writes she used to dream of owning her own restaurant. Now she has a growing list of restaurants to visit and is “sketching a plan” to eat her way through New York.
Ali says “every day is an opportunity for me to experience something new.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Finding hope after tragedy: Wife's stroke left dad with newborn triplets a year ago VIEW
- For these Seattle dads, fatherhood brought unimaginable loss and unconditional love | Seattle Sketcher
- Travel Troubleshooter | American Airlines couldn't get us to grandmother's funeral. Now it's keeping our money. | Travel Troubleshooter
- Rant & Rave: Birds and cats don't mix
- Getting rid of ‘gate lice’ in airline boarding
Ali appeared on Season 15 of the Bravo series.