NEW YORK (AP) — Former “Top Chef” Fatima Ali says she has a year to live.
The 29-year-old underwent surgery to remove a tumor in January. However, Ali wrote Tuesday in an essay for Bon Appetit that the “cancer cells my doctors believed had vanished are back with a vengeance in my left hip and femur bone.” Ali says her oncologist told her she has a year to live, “with or without the new chemotherapy regimen.”
She writes she used to dream of owning her own restaurant. Now she has a growing list of restaurants to visit and is “sketching a plan” to eat her way through New York.
Ali says “every day is an opportunity for me to experience something new.”
Most Read Life Stories
- An all-you-can-eat secret at one of Seattle’s best restaurants: brunch at Joule
- Is Seattle ready for the $18 sandwiches at Dingfelder’s Delicatessen?
- Fall 2018 Seattle Restaurant Week: 16 new places to try
- Rant & Rave: Don't park so close to me
- Fall into this Cook's Illustrated's recipe: creamy cauliflower soup
Ali appeared on Season 15 of the Bravo series.