Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro...
– 2/3 pound medium prawns, shelled and deveined
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
– 1 chopped green onion
– 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
– 1½ teaspoons black bean sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds.
Most Read Life Stories
- After 42 years of supplying Seattle home chefs, Mrs. Cook's is closing
- Fueled by a chef's second act, Good Day Donuts hits a sweet spot in White Center
- When do Northwest ski slopes open? 2018 forecast
- Travel Wise | A travel expert's go-to advice: Pack the right socks
- Exploring the Puget Sound region's unusual Airbnbs, from an island tree house to a Finnish-style spa VIEW
2. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro, parsley, bean sauce, salt and pepper. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, just until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve immediately.
From “East Meets West Cuisine” by Ken Hom.