Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro...
– 2/3 pound medium prawns, shelled and deveined
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
– 1 chopped green onion
– 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
– 1½ teaspoons black bean sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds.
Most Read Life Stories
- Carbon offsetting while you travel isn’t perfect — but it’s possible
- Yoga for the body you have: A Seattle program is changing the way we talk about yoga, health and eating-disorder recovery
- Spike in vacation scams prompts Better Business Bureau to warn travelers
- Travel Wise | Connecting flight woes? You might be facing a minimum transfer time — here's how to cope
- Mediterranean Oasis makes shawarma that's worth the drive (or bike ride) to Shoreline
2. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro, parsley, bean sauce, salt and pepper. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, just until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve immediately.
From “East Meets West Cuisine” by Ken Hom.