Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro...
– 2/3 pound medium prawns, shelled and deveined
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
– 1 chopped green onion
– 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
– 1½ teaspoons black bean sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds.
Most Read Life Stories
- A tourist family’s bad behavior has New Zealand rethinking its welcome mat
- Marie Kondo'ing my kitchen: What a food writer learned from a total pantry re-org with a food-waste expert VIEW
- A legend in the Seattle food scene returns and 8 more big openings for 2019
- Linda Derschang, restaurant whisperer, gives Seattle's Queen City a royal makeover VIEW
- No tomato paste? No problem: Seek out "Substitutions Bible"
2. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro, parsley, bean sauce, salt and pepper. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, just until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve immediately.
From “East Meets West Cuisine” by Ken Hom.