Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro...
– 2/3 pound medium prawns, shelled and deveined
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
– 1 chopped green onion
– 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh basil
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
– 1½ teaspoons black bean sauce
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Shell and devein the prawns. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir 20 seconds.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
2. Add prawns, green onion, basil, cilantro, parsley, bean sauce, salt and pepper. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, just until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Serve immediately.
From “East Meets West Cuisine” by Ken Hom.