MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut restaurant known for its unusual cheeseburgers is getting some national television exposure.
The Journal Inquirer reports that Shady Glen in Manchester will be featured in an upcoming episode of the Travel Channel’s “Burger Land.”
The restaurant is known for frying the cheese on its cheeseburgers until it is crispy.
The James Beard Foundation named the burger an “American classic” and Food Network Magazine has recognized Shady Glen’s chocolate chip ice cream as Connecticut’s best frozen dessert.
The “Burger Land” episode is expected to air in November.
Information from: Journal Inquirer, http://www.journalinquirer.com
Most Read Life Stories
- How to get yourself and your car to the San Juan Islands: 5 tips for scoring ferry reservations (and what to do if you don’t get one)
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone's Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- A star bartender opens a French-inspired lounge and an acclaimed brewery expands to Woodinville
- A travel trailer of one’s own: The historic Sou’wester Lodge on the Washington coast makes a perfect creative retreat VIEW
- You don't always need a whole weekend: Making the most of a one-day trip to the San Juan Islands | Seattle Sketcher