MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut restaurant known for its unusual cheeseburgers is getting some national television exposure.
The Journal Inquirer reports that Shady Glen in Manchester will be featured in an upcoming episode of the Travel Channel’s “Burger Land.”
The restaurant is known for frying the cheese on its cheeseburgers until it is crispy.
The James Beard Foundation named the burger an “American classic” and Food Network Magazine has recognized Shady Glen’s chocolate chip ice cream as Connecticut’s best frozen dessert.
Most Read Life Stories
- Don’t say ‘Happy Yom Kippur!’ and 4 other tips for the Jewish holy day
- Travel Troubleshooter | She paid her own way after a flight cancellation. What does the airline owe her?
- Mom-to-be changes her mind about returning to work, and husband isn’t happy | Dear Carolyn
- The wonder of the fresh hop: How Washington's special autumn beer gets made VIEW
- Wake up with itchy spots? A look at what bites at night
The “Burger Land” episode is expected to air in November.
Information from: Journal Inquirer, http://www.journalinquirer.com