MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut restaurant known for its unusual cheeseburgers is getting some national television exposure.
The Journal Inquirer reports that Shady Glen in Manchester will be featured in an upcoming episode of the Travel Channel’s “Burger Land.”
The restaurant is known for frying the cheese on its cheeseburgers until it is crispy.
The James Beard Foundation named the burger an “American classic” and Food Network Magazine has recognized Shady Glen’s chocolate chip ice cream as Connecticut’s best frozen dessert.
Most Read Life Stories
- Rant & Rave: Noisy kids ruined camping trip
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Wife craves G-rated affection but is sick of having to ask for it
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Big, juicy pork chops — stuffed and sauced with a flurry of fall flavors
The “Burger Land” episode is expected to air in November.
Information from: Journal Inquirer, http://www.journalinquirer.com