MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A Connecticut restaurant known for its unusual cheeseburgers is getting some national television exposure.
The Journal Inquirer reports that Shady Glen in Manchester will be featured in an upcoming episode of the Travel Channel’s “Burger Land.”
The restaurant is known for frying the cheese on its cheeseburgers until it is crispy.
The James Beard Foundation named the burger an “American classic” and Food Network Magazine has recognized Shady Glen’s chocolate chip ice cream as Connecticut’s best frozen dessert.
Most Read Life Stories
- Dr. James Joki grew up in Ballard. Then he helped make Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon possible. VIEW
- It's easy to be duped by celebrities peddling false health claims. Here's how to get the facts.
- Milestones in space travel: An illustrated timeline
- How spacesuits have changed since 1969
- Departing Seattle Times restaurant critic Providence Cicero reflects on two decades of dining out
The “Burger Land” episode is expected to air in November.
Information from: Journal Inquirer, http://www.journalinquirer.com