Also: lunch! Sessions will start on Saturday and take place through the end of June. The Salare chef-owner headlines, along with chef Wayne Johnson of Farestart and others.
Great chefs, great cause, great price — who’s in?
Take a cooking class from Food & Wine Best New Chef Edouardo Jordan, Tarik Abdullah of A DJ and A Cook, Wayne Johnson of Farestart and more. Bonus: You get to eat what they make, and it’s only $35 (a bargain in the cooking-class realm).
Chef Wayne Johnson began the UNCF Spring Cooking Classes series in 2010. “The idea behind it,” he says, “was to give classes for the home cook who wants to rub elbows with some of the great minority chefs of Seattle, while benefiting UNCF Pacific Northwest students. We call it cooking for education!” He’ll be emceeing each class along with the week’s chef instructor, which should make for some hilarious patter.
Sessions start this Saturday, May 7, and take place through the end of June at Bargreen Ellingson in Sodo. Johnson says the space, which the restaurant equipment supplier graciously donates, has “a great stadium-style-seating test kitchen with state-of-the-art equipment” — and that many attendees have been pleased to discover not only that the store is open to the public, but that they also get a discount on “the same professional equipment that we chefs use in our kitchens.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Two WA restaurants make New York Times best-in-the-U.S. list
- 10 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with best wishes to a local legend
- A popular burger finds a second home, and 25 other Seattle restaurant openings
- Cheers to this: 6 new bars open around Greater Seattle
- Bainbridge Island restaurant hailed among 24 best new eateries in U.S.