Two days of walks in West Seattle ring out the old year and ring in the new year.
Fit & Fun
The Emerald City Wanderers and St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church are sponsoring 5- and 10- kilometer walks on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Walks start on New Year’s Eve anytime between 4 and 7 p.m. and on New Year’s Day between 9 a.m. and noon. They depart at St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in West Seattle. There is no cost, and hot soup will be provided.
The New Year’s Eve 5K route winds through holiday lights in the Admiral neighborhood. Flashlights are advised. The 10K route on New Year’s Day traverses Alki and features Christmas lights and views of Elliott Bay and downtown Seattle.
For information about the walks, contact Mike Nagan at email@example.com or 206-851-2101.
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Don’t say ‘Happy Yom Kippur!’ and 4 other tips for the Jewish holy day
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop