Two days of walks in West Seattle ring out the old year and ring in the new year.
Fit & Fun
The Emerald City Wanderers and St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church are sponsoring 5- and 10- kilometer walks on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Walks start on New Year’s Eve anytime between 4 and 7 p.m. and on New Year’s Day between 9 a.m. and noon. They depart at St. John the Baptist Episcopal Church in West Seattle. There is no cost, and hot soup will be provided.
The New Year’s Eve 5K route winds through holiday lights in the Admiral neighborhood. Flashlights are advised. The 10K route on New Year’s Day traverses Alki and features Christmas lights and views of Elliott Bay and downtown Seattle.
For information about the walks, contact Mike Nagan at email@example.com or 206-851-2101.
Most Read Life Stories
- Here’s the tea: What you need to know about green tea and its health benefits
- Here's what you can and can't do under Inslee's COVID-19 'Healthy Washington' plan to reopen the state
- Here are the 2 best ways to achieve crispy bacon
- With CDC saying it's safe for those vaccinated against COVID-19 to travel again, eager Seattleites weigh the pros and cons
- Here's an easy-to-make recipe for delicious Indian butter chicken | Cooking with Sadie