Thanksgiving doesn’t have to be all about eating.
Fit & Fun
There are plenty of eating options on Thanksgiving. I mean options to eating.
One of them is the 9th annual Seattle Turkey Trot, a 5k jog or walk Thanksgiving Day morning. It starts in Seattle’s Sunset Hill, north of Ballard, and finishes at Golden Gardens Park.
The event begins at 9 a.m. and will cost each runner about $35. Kids 10 and under can do it for $20. Proceeds go to Ballard Food Bank. For details and registration see: seattleturkeytrot.org.
There are actually many Thanksgiving runs. This running website has information on a number of them: seattleruns.com/events.aspx
Most Read Life Stories
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- Travel Wise | How to sit with your kids on a plane (if you want to)
- Meg's Hamburgers make a satisfying downtown lunch — just beware the hot dog/hamburger hybrid
- Upscale dining deals: Dinner for two and bottle of wine for $30 at Seattle's revered Lark