If you started the new year with a gym membership but find your resolve is already fading, consider these helpful hints.
Fit & Fun
By now, some of you have joined a gym as part of a well-meaning resolution, but are already having some doubts. Don’t feel bad. It happens every year. Here are tips to help you stay with it.
— Set a goal. You are more likely to exercise if it has a point. You may — and should — aim for a healthier life, but tangible steps help you get there.
— Don’t be a slave to the goal. You may miss, have a setback or not see progress. So what? Just keep trying.
— Know thyself. You can’t go from couch potato to the new you overnight. Ease into things. Go too fast and you may hurt yourself and lose your commitment before you taste success. This happens all the time.
Most Read Stories
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- A Hall of Fame hitmaker finds happiness and harmony in Bellingham | PNW Magazine VIEW
— Don’t feel pressure. It often helps when someone, whether a trainer or a friend, pushes you, but they aren’t in charge. You are.
— Have fun. Why make the workout even harder?