The Cascade Bicycle Club’s fundraiser for education will be Sunday, Feb. 28, with regular registration closing Feb. 24.
Fit & Fun
The annual Chilly Hilly, which has started the cycling season in the Northwest on the last Sunday in February for the past 44 years, returns Sunday, Feb. 28.
The 33-mile route around Bainbridge Island starts with a morning ferry ride from Seattle (or you can join the crowd directly on Bainbridge Island). The organizers at the Cascade Bicycle Club guarantee it will be hilly — 2,191 feet of climbing — and probably chilly.
Proceeds go to education programs.
Regular registration closes Wednesday, Feb. 24. The fee for adults runs between $30 and $35. For more information: cascade.org/rides-major-rides/chilly-hilly.
Most Read Life Stories
- Here are the 2 best ways to achieve crispy bacon
- Here's what you can and can't do under Inslee's COVID-19 'Healthy Washington' plan to reopen the state
- Here’s the tea: What you need to know about green tea and its health benefits
- Here's an easy-to-make recipe for delicious Indian butter chicken | Cooking with Sadie
- Some young women embraced their gray hair during the pandemic. They might not go back.