The Cascade Bicycle Club’s fundraiser for education will be Sunday, Feb. 28, with regular registration closing Feb. 24.
Fit & Fun
The annual Chilly Hilly, which has started the cycling season in the Northwest on the last Sunday in February for the past 44 years, returns Sunday, Feb. 28.
The 33-mile route around Bainbridge Island starts with a morning ferry ride from Seattle (or you can join the crowd directly on Bainbridge Island). The organizers at the Cascade Bicycle Club guarantee it will be hilly — 2,191 feet of climbing — and probably chilly.
Proceeds go to education programs.
Regular registration closes Wednesday, Feb. 24. The fee for adults runs between $30 and $35. For more information: cascade.org/rides-major-rides/chilly-hilly.
Most Read Life Stories
- Rant & Rave: Rollerbladers, stop speeding through Green Lake crowds
- Sunday Best: In ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi,’ Vader’s suit is one of the few interesting parts
- Restaurant review: STK Steakhouse brings over-the-top glam to Bellevue at Canlis-level prices — is it worth it?
- This four-ingredient no-churn recipe makes it easy to enjoy vegan peanut butter-maple ice cream
- Rant and Rave: Reader questions light rail escalator, elevator outages