The Cascade Bicycle Club’s fundraiser for education will be Sunday, Feb. 28, with regular registration closing Feb. 24.
Fit & Fun
The annual Chilly Hilly, which has started the cycling season in the Northwest on the last Sunday in February for the past 44 years, returns Sunday, Feb. 28.
The 33-mile route around Bainbridge Island starts with a morning ferry ride from Seattle (or you can join the crowd directly on Bainbridge Island). The organizers at the Cascade Bicycle Club guarantee it will be hilly — 2,191 feet of climbing — and probably chilly.
Proceeds go to education programs.
Regular registration closes Wednesday, Feb. 24. The fee for adults runs between $30 and $35. For more information: cascade.org/rides-major-rides/chilly-hilly.
Most Read Life Stories
- Star chef Edouardo Jordan will open another restaurant in Seattle
- Fall 2018 Seattle Restaurant Week: 18 best overall values
- Fall 2018 Seattle Restaurant Week: 17 new places to try
- Travel Wise | On airplanes, personal space is a vanishing commodity. Here's how to cope.
- Seattleites: Save big bucks by flying overseas out of Vancouver, B.C. VIEW