The Cascade Bicycle Club’s fundraiser for education will be Sunday, Feb. 28, with regular registration closing Feb. 24.
Fit & Fun
The annual Chilly Hilly, which has started the cycling season in the Northwest on the last Sunday in February for the past 44 years, returns Sunday, Feb. 28.
The 33-mile route around Bainbridge Island starts with a morning ferry ride from Seattle (or you can join the crowd directly on Bainbridge Island). The organizers at the Cascade Bicycle Club guarantee it will be hilly — 2,191 feet of climbing — and probably chilly.
Proceeds go to education programs.
Regular registration closes Wednesday, Feb. 24. The fee for adults runs between $30 and $35. For more information: cascade.org/rides-major-rides/chilly-hilly.
Most Read Life Stories
- After Wexley School for Girls closes its quirky doors, headmaster Cal McAllister restarts with startups
- Readers have spoken: This is Seattle's best burger spot
- One of Seattle's best dumpling restaurants comes to Bellevue
- 36 Hours in Traffic: Fact-checking The New York Times’ ‘36 Hours in Seattle’
- Rant & Rave: Unpleasant evening at the movies