The Seattle Badminton Club has a basics camp from Feb. 15-19 for kids up to 16 years old, and it’s open for drop-in play, as is the Bellevue Badminton Club.
Fit & Fun
If you’ve lived here long, you don’t let pesky cool rain hold you down. Still, it’s the season for indoor workouts — like badminton.
Some consider it a backyard picnic game, but it can be as competitive as you wish. Good players combine power with touch, quickness with endurance. Creativity is a must, too. The feathery shuttlecock zips and hovers and drops like a stone.
The Seattle Badminton Club (in Kirkland) has set a basics camp from Feb. 15-19 for kids up to 16 years old. Cost for nonmembers is about $180. For more information and registration, see: seattlebadminton.com/wp.
The Kirkland venue and the Bellevue Badminton Club (bellevuebadminton.com) open for drop-in play and you can probably find a game at your local community center.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Live updates: Seattle's Women's March moving through downtown
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017