All the proceeds from the Pi Day Dash will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Fit & Fun
Here’s an event for all you mathletes — and everyone else who wants to exercise for a good cause — The Pi Day Dash.
The event, which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, is packed with Pi-related events. There’s a Cutie Pi Dash for kids under 6, a 3.14 mile Pi Day Dash run/walk, and a post-race pie party that features a Pi-recitation contest, pie-throwing contest, and pie-eating contest.
The Magnuson Park event will be on Saturday, March 14, at 9:26:53 a.m., which makes sense to Pi lovers.
Holly Westerfield, a middle-school math teacher and leader of the event, said, “Our goal is to raise at least $31,415.92 — so many digits of pi!”
Most Read Life Stories
- This year’s Thanksgiving feast will wallop the wallet
- How Seattle-area businesses are dealing with King County's new 'show proof of COVID vaccine or test' rule
- UW paleontologists dug up 4 dinosaurs in Montana this summer, including a possible 'Chicken from Hell'
- Sunday Best: Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya dress to the nines in London 'Dune' promo
- Making wings at home but don’t want to deep-fry? Here’s the secret to crispy baked wings
For more information see: therewillbepie.com.