All the proceeds from the Pi Day Dash will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Fit & Fun
Here’s an event for all you mathletes — and everyone else who wants to exercise for a good cause — The Pi Day Dash.
The event, which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, is packed with Pi-related events. There’s a Cutie Pi Dash for kids under 6, a 3.14 mile Pi Day Dash run/walk, and a post-race pie party that features a Pi-recitation contest, pie-throwing contest, and pie-eating contest.
The Magnuson Park event will be on Saturday, March 14, at 9:26:53 a.m., which makes sense to Pi lovers.
Holly Westerfield, a middle-school math teacher and leader of the event, said, “Our goal is to raise at least $31,415.92 — so many digits of pi!”
Most Read Life Stories
- Does exercise protect cognitive health? You might not like the answer
- The greatest cannoli you’ve ever had from a Seattle drive-thru window, and more great food in Lake City
- Seattle’s pop-up bakery scene has exploded during the pandemic. Here are our 20 favorites!
- How to plan and go on your first bike touring trip
- Breakfast for dinner, anyone? Fluffy carbonara frittata is a riff on the classic pasta
For more information see: therewillbepie.com.