All the proceeds from the Pi Day Dash will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Fit & Fun
Here’s an event for all you mathletes — and everyone else who wants to exercise for a good cause — The Pi Day Dash.
The event, which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, is packed with Pi-related events. There’s a Cutie Pi Dash for kids under 6, a 3.14 mile Pi Day Dash run/walk, and a post-race pie party that features a Pi-recitation contest, pie-throwing contest, and pie-eating contest.
The Magnuson Park event will be on Saturday, March 14, at 9:26:53 a.m., which makes sense to Pi lovers.
Holly Westerfield, a middle-school math teacher and leader of the event, said, “Our goal is to raise at least $31,415.92 — so many digits of pi!”
Most Read Life Stories
- A mouthwatering Central Asian snack comes to Greater Seattle — these 3 places do it well
- Better than Din Tai Fung? There's a new king in the Greater Seattle soup dumpling race.
- Need a vacation? Choose your own adventure from these 35 weekend getaways
- The 4 best sandwiches around Seattle that restaurant critic Tan Vinh has had this month
- Looking for an Eastside waterfront hangout? Try Bellevue's Meydenbauer Bay Park | Seattle Sketcher
For more information see: therewillbepie.com.