All the proceeds from the Pi Day Dash will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Fit & Fun
Here’s an event for all you mathletes — and everyone else who wants to exercise for a good cause — The Pi Day Dash.
The event, which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, is packed with Pi-related events. There’s a Cutie Pi Dash for kids under 6, a 3.14 mile Pi Day Dash run/walk, and a post-race pie party that features a Pi-recitation contest, pie-throwing contest, and pie-eating contest.
The Magnuson Park event will be on Saturday, March 14, at 9:26:53 a.m., which makes sense to Pi lovers.
Holly Westerfield, a middle-school math teacher and leader of the event, said, “Our goal is to raise at least $31,415.92 — so many digits of pi!”
Most Read Life Stories
- A year and 1 million passengers later, Everett's Paine Field airport has become a hit with travelers
- 17 Seattle-area chefs and restaurants score James Beard awards semifinalist spots
- Fancy a cuppa? Stop by Redmond's British Pantry for a spot of tea or some shepherd's pie
- An hour-by-hour guide for a wintertime Whidbey Island day trip
- A new reader shares an old gin-and-raisin remedy for arthritis
For more information see: therewillbepie.com.