All the proceeds from the Pi Day Dash will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Fit & Fun
Here’s an event for all you mathletes — and everyone else who wants to exercise for a good cause — The Pi Day Dash.
The event, which raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, is packed with Pi-related events. There’s a Cutie Pi Dash for kids under 6, a 3.14 mile Pi Day Dash run/walk, and a post-race pie party that features a Pi-recitation contest, pie-throwing contest, and pie-eating contest.
The Magnuson Park event will be on Saturday, March 14, at 9:26:53 a.m., which makes sense to Pi lovers.
Holly Westerfield, a middle-school math teacher and leader of the event, said, “Our goal is to raise at least $31,415.92 — so many digits of pi!”
Most Read Life Stories
- From a $5 tofu banh mi to coffee with cheese foam, try this food in Columbia City
- The 5 best dishes our food critic ate in the Seattle area this month for under $10
- Airfare hits record low due to weak travel demand
- The key to the best chicken soup from scratch? Ditch the old-world recipes
- Make chili for a warming, meaty, versatile bowl of goodness | Cooking with Sadie
For more information see: therewillbepie.com.