Eats and drinks
- Warm up with these two Sri Lankan recipes for devilled prawns and coconut roti, courtesy of Mercer Island cookbook author Ruwanmali Samarakoon-Amunugama.
- Add some cheer — and vegetables — to your mornings with this recipe for autumn bread.
- Want painfully spicy Nashville fried chicken, lumpia or dim sum to go? Check out all those things and more eats in Renton.
- Don’t like those options but want somewhere new to eat? Here’s a list of 17 recently opened Seattle-area restaurants.
- Whether you’re looking for dine-in, takeout or delivery options, check out our updating list of restaurants that you can sort by neighborhood.
- Join Moira’s Book Club and vote for which book you want to read and discuss next.
- Sample three books by and about chefs, including David Chang’s new memoir “Eat A Peach.”
- Check out these six mystery novel recommendations for fall, including “The Paris Librarian.”
Movies, TV, music and arts
- Catch a movie at a newly reopening theater in the Seattle area. Here’s how they’re getting ready for reopening, with new safety guidelines and more.
- Watch Macklemore and other Seattle-linked stars perform at the virtual Save Our Stages Festival, which is raising money for struggling independent music venues, including Capitol Hill staple Neumos.
- Tune in to Earshot Jazz’s first virtual music festival.
- Enjoy Pacific Northwest Ballet’s intimate online performance of “Rep 1.”
- Find something to stream from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Take some inspiration from these readers’ pandemic projects, including a one-room schoolhouse, homemade guitars, artwork and more.
- Getting ready for Halloween? Here are some ideas for face-mask-friendly costumes.