Holiday gift guide 2016: Adorn your nails with the Seattle Seahawks symbol or dress your dog in Seahawks gear.
Got a 12 on your list? (And who doesn’t?) Here are some nifty gift ideas for Seahawks fans that hopefully won’t have them standing in the return line or racing to the Goodwill donation center.
Gift Guide 2016
- 24 ideas for the outdoors enthusiast
- A dozen digital delights
- Cool tech gifts for kids
- Wacky gifts for the tech-savvy person
- The best books of 2016
- 18 books for the bookworm in your life
- New paperback books to gift
- Gifts for millennials to give and get
- 5 CD box sets to wow baby-boom rock fans
- 7 gifts for the classical-music fan
- Easy recipes for delicious food gifts
- Gifts for gardeners
1. Ugly sweaters, for some reason, are trending with people of all ages, and Klew College has an assortment of light-up models for men and women, pre-wired with LED bulbs, that will supposedly transmit “Seattle Seahawks cheer and holiday spirit” when worn. The sweaters, which range from $62.99 to $79.99, are available at The NFL Shop.
2. Here’s one for the person who collects Hawks items but already has almost every product available. It’s a pretty good bet they don’t have this one — a Seahawks-colored Christmas Spider Ornament. And at $12 a pop, it won’t break the bank. The handmade ornaments, crafted with crystal beads, are available at Shop JTT on Etsy.
3. In a city famed for having more fur babies than human children, no list would be complete without something for Fido. A new line of products from Little Earth Productions includes jersies ($19.99-$24.99,) stretch-knit hats ($19.99), bandannas ($11.99) and a hooded sweatshirt ($24.99-$29.99). Little Earth’s line of NFL products is available at Fantopia and Amazon.
4. How about something for the person who likes their nails long and fancy? Consider one of the options from Jamberry’s NFL Collection of nail wraps. Created by sisters who wanted a relatively quick and inexpensive way to get a fun and long-lasting manicure, the wraps are applied to nails once the adhesive backing is warmed with a mini-heater or blow dryer. The company claims they look good for two weeks or more. Available online at Jamberry, a set sells for $18 and yields two to three manicures.
5. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but for a definitive gift for a serious fan, here’s 40 years of Seahawks history as reported by The Seattle Times. Bound in leather, the book features a collection of newspaper pages and stories showcasing the Seattle Seahawks, including player histories, highs and lows and the back-to-back Super Bowl appearances. The book, which sells for $94.99, is available at The Seattle Times Store and must be ordered by Dec. 9 to ensure Christmas delivery.